There are many important documents from your school that you will need for the rest of your life. One of such important documents is your school leaving certificate. It is not just helpful for you to get admission into your higher education, but it can also be useful in many different ways. You will also need many legal formalities if in case you need any of them.
There are chances that you miss this document or lost it somewhere. There are also chances that you don’t have a photocopy of the school leaving certificate. In that case, you will have to apply for the duplicate school leaving certificate. You will get the school leaving certificate application and completing that application will help you get the duplicate copy. But that is not going to be a simple process like it seems to be. So, if you are someone who has lost the school leaving certificate and wants to apply for the same, then here is the procedure about what has to be done.
Here is a step-by-step guide for you:
- This first step involved is you will have to prepare an affidavit with the help of an advocate, on a stamp paper worth Rs 100. You will also have to get the notary done, along with a signature and stamp.
- You will have to go to the school and submit this affidavit along with an application for issuing of duplicate school leaving certificate.
- You will receive an application for a duplicate school leaving certificate from the principal’s office. You need to fill it and make sure you fill in only the correct information.
- Along with the application, you will have to submit the documents that you are asked for.
- Once the process is completed, you will receive a small receipt from the principal’s office.
- Some verification process is done, and then you will be issue a duplicate school leaving certificate.
You will have to be very careful while applying for the duplicate school leaving certificate. This process is going to be the same for college leaving certificates as well. You will have to clearly specify a reason why you are applying for the duplicate copy of the school leaving certificate. Also, make sure that all the details are correct. Any wrong information can be a problem and also the wrong information will reflect on the school leaving certificate.
Also Read, How to updated bank details on EPFO?
Once you get the duplicate school leaving certificate, then you will be able to use it as a normal school leaving certificate. It has the same value as the original certificate has. It can be used anywhere where the original certificate can be used. Like for any legal document preparation or for any competitive exam, this duplicate certificate can be used without any worries. It will hardly take a few days for the principal’s office to prepare the duplicate certificate for you.
If it is urgent it is always good to collect it in person again from the same office where you applied for it. Else you can ask the principal’s office to courier it to your residential address. For that, you will again have to pay an amount for the charges. Losing any document in original can create problems. You may need them at any point in time and hence you should never neglect them. You should apply for duplicate copies of any certificates that you lost immediately. Immediate action will help you in getting the duplicate documents quickly. So, the process is quite simple. If you also lost any of your original school leaving certificates, then apply it today with the help of the above-mentioned procedure.